Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gemma K. Murphy: Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart


Character Interview

Character: Anastasia has an interesting story to tell.

1.      What is your Anastasia like? Oh goodness, Anastasia is sassy, brazen, and bold. She’s the daughter of a puma shifter and a witch, so her life hasn’t been exactly easy. She has the wonderful ability of being all warm and feminine, but her backbone is made of pure steel.

2.      What does Anastasia do best? What is the perfect location for this action? Ana puts up with the Golden boys. They’ve been her pseudo-brothers since she was 12. I love the way she gives all of their teasing right back to them.

3.      What drives Anastasia to do the things they do? Her love for the family who took her in when she was orphaned. She is so dedicated to showing them she is appreciative of that fact without being overly so.

4.      You are introduced to Anastasia. Is she happy to meet you? Heck, no! *grin* Ana and I didn’t see eye to eye from the start. She was bound and determined I had to tell her story, but as soon as I went off course from where she intended to lead me, she shut down. She may be a little happier to see me now, but I can’t make any promises.

5.      What is Anastasia’s favorite guilty pleasure? Sweets! Ana loves everything sweet. From her cinnamon rolls to pancakes to her chocolate (Book 2), Ana cannot get enough sugary things. Oops, she whispering to me, “Don’t forget about my man, Bowie. He’s kind of sweet, too.”

6.      How would Anastasia describe herself? She says she is pure pussycat until you cross her. She loves her family and would lay down her life if she needed to in order to keep them safe. She’s intelligent, but she’s worried her witch skills will kill somebody someday unless she learns her craft.

7.      What is Anastasia’s weakness? Her heart. Ana loves so easily, but it takes her a long time to trust people.

8.      Where does Anastasia go to regroup/unwind? Either the woods around Cedar River or the lake. She can clear her mind and let loose.

9.      What does Anastasia live for? Her family and the community of Cedar River

10.  What will Anastasia kill for? The same.



A Few Questions for Anastasia

1.      If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be? I’m a puma shifter with witch powers. I think I’m pretty awesome as is.

2.      A biography has been written about you. What do you think the title would be in six words or less? Keeper of the Golden Dragon’s Heart.

3.      If money were not an object, where would you most like to live? I would live exactly where I am, Cedar River, Michigan, Upper Peninsula, USA.

4.      I can never leave Bowie because he is the love of my life.

5.      The next time I want to drive Bowie crazy, I will steal his ’69 Camaro and lead him out onto an old country road so I can seduce him.

6.      Why do I always insist on teasing Bowie? (Because it is so much fun.)

7.      My favorite flavor is real maple syrup because it reminds me of Mama’s breakfasts.

8.      I love being a puma because I have the ability to see things normal humans may miss.

9.      How much teasing can you take? Why? I can take a lot. I grew up with Bowie and his three brothers. They can drive a girl crazy, trust me, but I learned early on to hand it right back to them.

10.  Name one thing you must do before you die, and why. Make sure that Cedar River and the surrounding world is safe for my children and grandchildren. Why? Don’t you want the same for your family? There are so many close-minded people who just can’t stand it if someone is different. Cedar River and its residents aren’t perfect, but they loved me and kept me safe. Every child should know that sort of life.


Blurb
      
      The Upper Peninsula of Michigan seems like it is another country. The rawness and beauty of the land draws people from every walk of life. What most people don't realize is there is a little town nestled on the banks of Lake Superior that an entire group of supernatural beings call home. Shifters of every shape and size live there. They raise their families there. Tourists come from near and far to visit the quaint town of Cedar River, Michigan. The tourists never realize they are walking among some of the most unusual beings on earth.

      Bowie Golden is a dragon shifter who is in charge of Cedar River's safety. Until now, the biggest threat to anyone's safety was Anastasia Plum, a witch/puma-shifter. She has been the town hellraiser since she was a teenager. Now someone has discovered the secret the residents of Cedar River keep for one another. These radicals are determined to eradicate the entire town. It's up to Bowie to keep them all safe.

      Ana has always idolized Bowie. She may have stirred up trouble from time to time, but Bowie or one of his brothers would always get her out of the trouble she was in. One day, it happened. The unthinkable, the unimaginable occurred. Anastasia Plum fell for the "golden" boy. What an unlikely duo- the sheriff and the hellraiser!

      Just as these two discover their passion for one another, a group of people is determined to keep them apart. It's up to Ana to prove that she is the only Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart.


Bio

      I was born and raised in a small town in lower Michigan. A farmer's daughter, my greatest ambitions were to become a large animal vet and to read every book ever written. The veterinarian dream fell by the wayside, but I'm still working on reading every book I can get my hot little hands on.

      But I'm a dreamer…I love to sit and look out the windows, daydreaming about what could be. I love getting tangled in my dreams when I fall asleep at night. That is how Keeper of the Golden Dragon's Heart came to be. It started with a dream and spun into something beautiful.




Gemma's Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment